Sonardyne Health and Safety Policy
Sonardyne is recognised as a world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic positioning, inertial navigation, wireless communications and sonar technology systems for the offshore oil and gas, ocean scientific and maritime security industries. We work with some of the most forward thinking companies in the world and often in some of the most challenging environments on Earth.
Our dedication to producing world leading underwater acoustics technology shouldn’t come at a price however. That’s why we recognise that the health and safety and personal wellbeing of our workforce, as well as visiting suppliers and customers, is of paramount importance.
As a responsible and proactive company we are committed to the prevention of accidents and the promotion of health and wellbeing within the workforce. That’s why we’ll endeavour to:
• Work to a world class Health and Safety (H&S) management system in line with OHSAS 1800
• Promote responsibility for safety and ensure this policy is implemented at all levels within the company and those working on behalf of the company
• Provide appropriate resources to enable us to achieve our aims
• Comply with relevant legislation, codes of practice and customer requirements
• Measure our safety performance so that further improvements can be made
• Communicate this Policy and ethos to all persons working under the control of Sonardyne
• Convey our policy and goals to all interested parties, stakeholders and the public
• Review our Policies and Actions periodically to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate to our company and employees