VESSEL NAVIGATION AIDS
Sonardyne’s Navigation and Obstacle Avoidance Sonar (NOAS) has been developed to meet the demand for an integrated forward look navigation and obstacle avoidance sonar that aids navigation in poorly chartered areas, or where there is the potential to encounter underwater obstructions.
NOAS scans the water column ahead of the vessel and images the sea bottom. This information is represented in a 3D graphic display so the vessel pilot can steer a safe course. Finally, when the vessel is stationary, NOAS has an intruder detection mode to protect the vessel against diver attack.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW - NOAS
- Integrated navigation, obstacle avoidance and intruder detection
- Designed for commercial and military ships, private yachts, cruise ships and manned underwater vehicles
- 3-D obstacle and sea bottom detection to a range of 600 metres with 90° field of view
- 2D navigation and intruder detection ranges of 1,500 metres with 180° field of view
- Low power consumption < 150 watts